Sunday, December 26, 2010

December Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Hello bloggie friends! It's snowing outside! It's been snowing since this morning and it doesn't look like it has any plans on stopping any time soon. I was hoping for a white Christmas, but this is insane!  My poor husband has his job cut out for him! I hope you're all safe and cozy in your homes tonight!


I read some terrible news from back home. An infamous son of a senator and his six friends who violently raped and killed a teenager, her mother and her little sister in 1991 was pardoned today!?#%$@!  Their father who was away on business was spared and came home to the horrifying news that his entire family was murdered. Today, he fell on his knees crying and passed out after hearing the news of the pardon. This is such a great injustice!!!! Please pray for the dad that was left behind, and for some justice for him and his family.


Well, I don't know how to continue after that story! But some good news would be great after that. So isn't it just wonderful that it's time for the Papertrey Ink blog hop?! It seems I've missed several blog hops already and I didn't want to miss this one. This month's challenge is to use Christmas left overs. Well, I just happened to save this beautiful white ribbon from a gift I received. It was perfect for this challenge. 


I chose to go the shabby chic way today. I layered on some patterned papers. Used another frame from Tattered Angels. I also used one of my favorite PTI stamp sets! I'm so glad that PTI is starting to make stamp sets for their dies. I'm waiting for the craze of the December release to die down before I order my December want list! Hee! I'm so excited! They came out with such wonderful sets this month! I can't wait for what they're going to come up with next year!!! Anyway, I hope you like this one!!! Thanks for stopping by!





31 comments:

  1. Did you use Rustic White for the butterflies? I love this.
    Donna --rubyslippers@neofast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Donna: I just used the plain white cardstock from PTI. Then I inked the butterfly with Frayed Burlap from Ranger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Jean!! Love all the layers and the soft color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card! GREAT vintage look! FAB butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY!!! This is soooo beautiful!!! Love it - it's just PERFECTION!!! Thanks for sharing your inspiring cards, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love your butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awful story! How do things like that (pardon) allowed to happen???

    Your card is awesome! I love the graduated silver balls as the bodies on your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love those sweet butterflies too. I need to get my MS punch out and use it. TFS!
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - Love the butterflies. Just got that Punch - Can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just love the layers and soft, shabby colors on this

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunner.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS!!!! The satin ribbon is perfect and I love the bling as well! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, a STUNNING shabby chic card -- LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a BEAUTIFUL card, Jean. i adore all the layers. it's so pretty. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jean this is gorgeous!!! So many gorgeous details! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous fabbo layering and use of the stamps, and the butterflies were the perfect touch, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jean, this card is gorgeous!! I love the way you used each and every stamp! I love the soft look of this one and the butterflies at the right! Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. stunning as usual, Jean...love this shabby look :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails