Sunday, December 12, 2010

PDCC 59

Hello again! I'm back for another color challenge. This time it's for The Play Date Cafe. The colors are pretty bold. I must admit I was afraid to even try. I used muted versions of the colors. I hope that's ok! :) Here's the photo inspiration for PDCC 59.



Here's my card. Like I said, I used muted versions of the colors. I'm not very good with bright colors. I noticed that some people would use lighter version. So for this challenge, I tried it my way. :) What do you think? The purple is a soft, vintage looking patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. I also found a lighter turquoise patterned paper to replace the bright one in the challenge. As for the darker blue, I also found a vintage version of it. I used "The Beast". Haha! That's what I call that trellis punch from Martha Stewart. Have you seen how BIG that thing is?! It's absolutely beautiful though! :) That label stamp is from PTI. I just adore the Mat Stack 1 collection stamp set. This one is one of my favorites in the set. I colored in some of the parts with a Copic marker. I also placed blue rhinestones just to add a little more color and bling. Can you see my glittered star peaking from underneath the ribbon? :) I can't get enough of using it! 

I got my sewing machine to run properly. (Thanks Mona! Yes, it was the bobbin!) I had put the bobbin in the wrong direction! I didn't even know that you could go wrong with the bobbin?! Hahaha! Oh well! Thanks for stopping by tonight! 





11 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I also love how you tied the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you have been busy lately and everything is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely. Glad to see you got it fixed. Wish mine was that easy. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and serene looking--I think it looks wonderful with the more subdued colors. So funny, I was using Mat Stack 1 today and wishing I had gotten the stamps to go with it. Guess they'll be in my cart soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the muted colors - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH! That seam binding just makes this card have such a soft feel! LOVE IT! Love your stitching and everything everything EVERYTHING! LOVE It;) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the color story over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's there to be afraid of Jean? I've never seen you make a bad card and this one is absolutely awesome! Love that stamp, in all its vintage-y goodness and the wonderful seam binding! Super fab! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so, so beautiful Jean. An exquisite choice of stamping and ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful!!!! love the colors and all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant card, just love your layers of paper. Congrats on your Fab 4 win!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails