Friday, November 25, 2011

Color Trends Challenge: Leaves and Card Patterns 142

Hi bloggies! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm a little late, but I was asleep most of Thanksgiving so I'm posting this one late. While I was away on vacation I noticed that my posts were mainly made up of my design team projects. I used to love joining online card challenges and had a card up almost everyday of the week. I'm going to try to do that once more.

For my first post since I've arrived, I've decided to combine two challenges: Embellish Magazine's Color Trends Challenge: Leaves and Card Patterns 142. And since I've totally missed out on Thanksgiving...I made a Thanksgiving card. But first here's the inspiration photo as well as the colors from Color Trends Challenge. And of course, the sketch from Card Patterns 142.


                 

I used images from WPlus9 Season of Thanks for most of the elements on my card. I cut a panel of patterned paper from Basic Grey, I knew I had to use it when I was flipping over the pages of the pad. I stamped a big image from from Season of Thanks for my upper right panel. 



And instead of using a layered scalloped circle, I die cut this beautiful doily using a die from Papertrey Ink. Both the leaves and the sentiment are also from WPlus9's Season of Thanks


After stamping the leaves and sentiment, I hand cut them and inked the edges with some distress ink. I layered them one of top of the other with foam tape. 


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Tomorrow is Black Friday and if you haven't heard, WPlus9 is having a one day sale! Have fun shopping and stay safe out there! Thanks for stopping by! 

~ Jean









2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!!! Love the colors and the stitched border is absolutely perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're back safely and had a relaxing Thanksgiving ;)
    It's a beautiful card Jean! Your leafy layers are lovely, Rx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails