Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My first blog entry.

Hi everyone! This is my first ever blog entry. I got into it from trying to look at all the wonderful cards and scrapbook pages that other people have posted online. I can spend hours just reading and looking through images on these blogs. A year ago, if you'd have asked me, I would have had no idea that so many people were into scrapbooking and card making! I had no idea what a Cuttlebug was or what the Cricut was! For real! One day I asked my husband what Michael's was...after he showed me I was hooked! I think sometimes, secretly, he must regret having shown me hahaha!!! Aw but he is very supportive of my new found hobby. He even critiques my work sometimes and puts in his two cents. Haha!

One of my favorite blogs is that of Kristina Werner. I think I must have watched all of her Make a Card Monday and Finally Friday videos on YouTube! I just love the cards that she makes. I love that they're simple and yet they grab your attention immediately! And her color inspiration challenges...it IS really inspiring. It's also where I found Crafty Girl Designs, by Tessa Wise. She also makes the most wonderful cards I've seen so far. I actually got into card making because of watching YouTube and looking at these blog sites. Here are my very first cards :) Inspired by this wonderfully striped cardstock from The Paper Company. In case any of you are wondering why they're all "baby" themed, my sister-in-law is giving birth this month and I was thinking of her while making these cards :)


I'm not yet very good at taking pictures of my work. Some of the images aren't as clear as most of the websites I've seen...practice...practice...


5 comments:

  1. Jean you did a great job on your cards. I like the look. Very nice. Im also new (sept 09)to blogging and there is so much out there to learn. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are wonderful. Keep up all the creative work, you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great work! Kristina is awesome and one of my three most favorite. The other two are JenniferMcGuireInk.com and AndreaWalford.com. Check them out and you will agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogland! Your cards are sweet...I love the monkeys! TOoo cute.
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments! As a first time blogger you have no idea how excited I was when I saw comments on my blog!!! Hahaha! And a follower?!!! I'll try not to disappoint Cheryl!

    Billie: As you can see my blogspot is bare...I'll try to work on it as soon as I can! There IS sooo much to learn!

    Cheryl: I do follow Jennifer McGuire's work on YouTube and Creating Keepsakes! But I'll check out AndreaWalford.com now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails