Monday, October 22, 2012

The Craft's Meow October 2012 Release Previews - Day 1


Hello! It's been a while since we did our last TCM release previews. We apologize for the wait, things went amok with the stamp makers so we've had to move the release at a later date. But now we're back and very excited to show you our new release. 

 Unfortunately, I got my stamps late (USPS lost it for a bit) so I wasn't able to make as many cards as I wanted. And since DH and I will be in Hawaii from the 21st to the 28th of October, I had to make my posts and cards in advance. So hopefully I will have enough cards for you all before we leave.

The Craft's Meow

Welcome to Day 1 of The Craft's Meow October 2012 Release Previews. For today, we're introducing Christmas Angel from Nina Bracket and Hearth and Home from  Elizabeta Kushner. Because of the time constraint, I had to combine images from both sets to use on my card. I took hearth image from Hearth and Home and stamped it onto vintage cream cardstock. Then I colored it in with Copic markers and hand cut it. I also inked the edges with some Distress Ink. 


It was so gloomy outside when I took this picture. I'm afraid it's not as nice as I would like it to be. I hope you can see the beautiful pastel colors I used for the hearth. I cut out a panel of striped patterned paper from one of My Mind's Eye papers. Then I got the bough image and stamped it around the edges of the striped patterned paper before I adhered it on my card base.


I added a strip of lace on the edge before I adhered the hearth on top. Then I added the sentiment from Christmas Angel on the bottom of my card. I've kept things simple because I didn't want things to overwhelm the beautiful image. 


I hope you enjoyed that. Please come again tomorrow for more. Meanwhile, head on over to the TCM blog and the other DT ladies for more inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by today! 




5 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful pastels, Jean! A really lovely card......enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card Jean, fabulous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be my favorite card today! You've really created a scene here. Loving the paper choices, fantastic as usual!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails