Monday, October 1, 2012

Wplus9 October Release Previews - Day 1


Hello there! I'm back with a release post just as promised! :) Welcome to WPlus9's October Release Previews - Day 1. You are going to love what Dawn has come up with this month!!! I have quite a few projects so I'll make the intro short. :)


Today we're introducing Seasonal Sentiments Die, Pretty Patches: Christmas, Folk Art Flurries, and Clear Cut Stars. Whew! That was quite a long list! Let's get started then! Here's what I came up with for today...


Let's start with my little card. I used Pretty Patches: Christmas and Folk Art Flurries on it. I stamped the circle label and a snowflake inside. Then I die cut the circle. I stamped "Joy" on a piece of cardstock and hand cut it. Then I adhered it over the circle label. I used a snowflake die underneath as a mat. More on the snowflake die in the next few days of the release. :)


I stamped the LOVE and HOPE directly on the card base, as well as the longer sentiment on the bottom. I added a strip of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and tied a ribbon underneath it. I didn't have to add anything else to the card. The stamps and dies all worked beautifully and they're the stars on the card. :)


My second project is a new product that Dawn is going to start to sell over at the store. I was sooo delighted when I saw it! You can never have too many packaging options as far as I'm concerned. I love pretty packaging! And alterable ones....oh my goodness!!!


For this project, I used Folk Art Flurries. I stamped them all over the pillow box. Then I tied a strip of twine around it and attached a piece of cardstock with my sentiment on it. I continued my sentiment using the Seasonal Sentiments die. I added a mini clothes pin to the tag and adhered a die cut snowflake on it. The possibilities for this product are endless! So excited!!!! :)


For my third and final project for today, I have another card. We have another alterable product that's about to grace the WPlus9 store. It's a thin chipboard that cuts very well with your existing dies. I used it with my Clear Cut Stars for this card.

I die cut the circle chipboard. Then placed a Clear Cut Star to die cut the center. I painted it white, sewed the edges and added glitter to it. 


 I used Pretty Patches Christmas on the medium tag from Timeless Tags, stamping the sentiment in portions to fit the tag. I also die cut the word love from Seasonal Sentiments Die and adhered it to the side.

I also die cut spread out some snowflake die cuts for a little pop of white against the red.


Ooooh!!!! I almost forgot!!!! We have a Guest Designer for the month of October! Please help us welcome Anya Schrier! She makes magic with WPlus9 stamps and dies!!!! I absolutely adore her work! She's also a design team member for the Cloud9 Challenge site. It's a wonderful challenge site for WPlus9 lovers! :) Please make sure to check it out.

I hope you enjoyed today's previews. I'll be back tomorrow for more! Make sure you head on over to the WPlus9 Blog for more inspiration as well as the DTs' blogs. Thanks for stopping today! Be sure to come back tomorrow! You are going to LOVE this release!!! :)



25 comments:

  1. So creative Jean!! Love each and every creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! LOVE everything! Beautiful, pretty and well made as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your creations!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable love each and every card great work Jean very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful creations as always :) TFS :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh-my-goodness-gracious-sakes! You rocked these samples Jean!! The details on the snowflake label, the way you used the star die and negative space and that fun patterned paper...WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man Jean, these are absolutely delightful! Love love love everything. But that circle star chipboard tag has sent me over the top! So lifting that idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for that Dawn! I was inspired by my favorite crafter, Melissa Phillips! I've seen her little glittered heart circles and I've always wanted to try it out! :) The new chipboard material is fabulous for it! :)

      Delete
    2. Either way...I'm still lifting it! LOL

      Delete
  8. absolutely love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jean, you have given me such great ideas today! I love your cards. Love them! I love that little faux stitched circle and your last card, with the star cut out of the circle and all those cute stars lined up along the bottom, just the most beautiful and interesting card I have seen this season so far! I love what you have done today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MEGA LOVE!!! You did magic with the new goodies, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ever so pretty, Jean! LOVE the star in the center for the circles, and all the gorgeous color and yummy trims are just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects! I love the papers you chose, great use of the dies, and just so many fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is so so pretty Jean! I always love what you do with stamps and paper! You have magic in your fingertips! :-)! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jean, all completely amazing projects. I thought the first two was it then I saw your fantastic second card. You talent blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are fabulous, love all the ideas i get. Cannot wait to see the full release!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are amazing! The layering is so rich and I love the colors and accent colors. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowser!! All three projects are GORGEOUS!! you did fab fab fab with all the pieces from the release! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your projects are gorgeous! one beautiful thing after another.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness gracious, this is beautiful Jean! So many wonderful details - I just love the circle with the star in the center. Lovely! Thank you for your sweet words, I am so excited to be here this month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jean! Gorgeous projects!!!! And congrats on the feature in CARDS! Loved reading about you!

    Thanks for mentioning the Cloud9 blog too. Anya is so so wonderful and I am thrilled that she is included on this release. I can't wait to see the rest of your projects this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute little gift set, Jean! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jean these are just delightful! Love the sewn chipboard circle with star!!!!! Oh my that is precious!!! Great papers too! Love the red one with the christmas story! Awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails