Friday, July 26, 2013

Newton's Nook Designs: Inky Paws Challenge #1


Hey there! There's a new card challenge over at Newton's Nook Designs! Have you checked it out today? If not, head on over to see what their design team has cooked up for everyone! As for me, I wanted to join in of course! :)


Here's a sketch for the first challenge. When I saw it I knew I wanted to see Newton on it! I was also inspired by this image from Pinterest and wanted to combine the two. I could imagine a kitty playing around with the plant.

 

So for my card, I stamped the sleeping kitties from Newton's Antics and colored them in with Copic markers. Then I adhered them onto a circle die cut. I added the dots because it looked too white to me. lol. And I also think it adds a little bit more interest and shade to the overall image.


I adhered the circle over a gray piece of cardstock. I decorated it with some branches and flowers. The branches are from Memory Box. The little flowers are from Winged Wishes. YES, I did fussy each and every flower you see here. I have no idea how I did that! I must have been in a daze. lol!
 

I hope I was able to combine the sketch and my inspiration picture well. It's almost the weekend! So if you have some inky time on your hands, please join us over at Newton's Nook Designs! :) Thanks for stopping by today! I'll see you again soon! :)






7 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the dots and the vines in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the branch background and those sweet kitties Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card - your take on the inspiration is perfect, with those branches! Well done on the fussy cutting, you've got some patience, hehe! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even realize that those flowers were from Winged Wishes until I read your post! That's some dedicated cutting! Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute and eye-popping! I have 2 sweet kitties of my own. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails