Thursday, January 27, 2011

Color Throwdown #126

Hi blogland! We were snowed in today, 19 inches of snow piled onto all the snow that hasn't even melted from the time it last snowed. I didn't have work today and I know I should have cranked out more than one card today. But I was feeling so relaxed and just wanted to enjoy the day doing nothing. :) I don't know about you. But I have those days where I have to take a break from all my card making. 


I've actually been waiting for my Papertrey Ink order to arrive. It was supposed to arrive on Wednesday, but all this darn snow just kept pushing the date of arrival back. UPS sent me so many change of delivery emails it wasn't funny. They say it will arrive when the weather allows it. I hope tomorrow will be the day. I can't imagine how much longer my Waltzing Mouse Stamps order will take since they're going to be coming from all the way from Ireland! I tell you, I have the smallest amount of patience!!! I need to have more of it.


Onto the challenge. I was looking for a new challenge to join tonight and I stumbled upon the Color Throwdown. I know it's been there a while since I see a lot of my bloggie friends join their challenges. I don't know why I waited until now to join. Their Color Throwdown 126 is just gorgeous. One of my favorite color combinations to date. 



For this challenge, I used my favorite stamp set from Waltzing Mouse Stamps, their oh so gorgeous Victorian Frippery. This is always good for an elegant background. I also used their Vintage Labels 4 for the central panel. Can you see my Martha Stewart doilies peaking out from the sides? Aren't they just cute?! I'm sooo happy I finally have them. I also added some leaves from PTI's Leaf Print. I don't use this set enough, but I remember a time where I just had to get my hands on them. And when I finally did, I didn't know what to do with them!!!! It was frustrating to say the least! 



Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one. Thank you for stopping by! :)


2 comments:

  1. Jean, this is just lovely! The stamped bg and the lovely framing of the sentiment is just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous team, the oh so elegant background and dots- match made in heaven!! wonderful use of the challenge colours! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails