Sunday, March 20, 2011

CR84FN20

Hi everyone! The weekend is almost at an end but not until I post my CR84FN20 in! :) It was a bit of a struggle for me. I'm not very good with anything closely resembling violet. They can give it a lot of names like plum, or pomegranate or purple...it's still violet to me! LOL! Mona's card was GORGEOUS, as always. It was just...how do you say it...out of the ball park! Hee! I had to at least try!!! And so without further ado...here's the color combination and my card.



I have been wanting to use this huge stamp from Waltzingmouse Stamps, Very Vintage Labels No. 18, and I always find myself grabbing the other labels in the set instead. But when I saw this challenge it just seemed perfect for the stamp. I layered another label from the set over it and stamped my favorite sentiment stamp, Fancy Phrases, also from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The rest of it is just patterned paper doing its own magic. :) 


I've been running out of challenges to join lately. Or am I just missing the good ones?! I wanted to join the Viva la Verve challenge as well. I hope I'll have the time this week before the challenge ends! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Enjoy the rest of it, and thanks for stopping by! :)

15 comments:

  1. Hey GF...your card is amazing! Love how you used the colors :)!!! Miss hanging out :(....! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you layered those labels, Jean! I just got mine and haven't inked them up yet, but they look fabulous on your card. Gorgeous seam binding and flower, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Jean! This card is gorgeous! You know how much I love WM goodness ;) Beautiful bow and flower embellishments! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job with the colors Jean. They were hard for me too. I wasn't so happy with mine.
    Thanks for playing another week at CR84FN! :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do violet well!!! Love those layered nesties and WM stamps!!! Gorgeous bow and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean your card is so beautiful, I love everything about it, but then I didn’t really expect anything else from you as you always produce such stunning cards and if you hadn’t of spilled the beans; I would have been none the wiser that you had a struggle with violet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card,you did an amazing job as purple is not your colour.I love the label and pretty bow.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG; this is a winner; so elegant and chic...and gorgeous..WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Jean!!!! WOW! What a great take on the challenge colors! So FABULOUS!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! So glad you could join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And just how beautiful is this? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jean, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love your WMS frames layered together, and your seam binding is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your card is totally fabulous - I love the way you layered the labels to create your greeting! And you would never know that purple has issues for you ;) This is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jean, one wouldn't guess these weren't your FAV colors! Pretty card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Jean! Love the lovely label and all the wonderful embellishments.. So glad you joined us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails