Friday, September 3, 2010

Best Wishes

Hi everyone! Yay! Long weekend! That means more time to relax and paper craft! I hope everyone gets good deals if you're planning on doing some shopping this weekend! I made a wedding themed card this evening. It's for my cousin-in-law who's getting married this September. I saw this beautiful metal frame on a card from a Papercrafts Magazine. I really, really wanted to get one for my card. But I was in such a card-making mode tonight that I decided to make a faux one instead. I used my Damask Designs and stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed it with some silver embossing powder from Stampendous. It turned out great!!! 


I also wanted it to have a lot of texture, so I dry embossed the background and inked it with some distress ink. And I was watching Ashley on one of her Wednesday videos, she distressed the edges of one of her mats using her nails. I really wanted to try it instead of buying the distressing kit from Stampin' Up. I used the sharp edge of my scissors instead of my nails and ran it across the edges of my mat. It was great! Here's my card, I hope my cousin-in-law and his wife will appreciate it. Enjoy your weekend! And thanks for stopping by!


~ Jean







Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, vintage cream (PTI)
Stamps - Damask Designs (PTI), Signature Greetings (SU)
Others - ribbon (Offray), twine (Walmart), pearls (Recollections), die (PTI), embossing powders (Stampendous)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails