Thursday, September 2, 2010

CASE Study Challenge #2

I have a sweet little card for everyone tonight. I found this card challenge from some of the blogs that I follow regularly.  I love this challenge! I only found out recently what a "CASE" was! Hee! Anyway, for this challenge I chose soft, subtle colors. And I really, really wanted to use my Tea for Two stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I remember when it was released I just totally LOVED all of the cards that PTI's design team came up with. Maki Jones made such a wonderful card. I CASEd the layout and moved some of the elements. Here's her card:


Here's my card. I followed the layout and as you can see, instead of placing the offset element on the lower left corner of the mat, I moved it to the upper right instead. It just made more sense with what I already had on my card. I heat embossed it with some Stampendous silver embossing powder. 

It's not very visible, but I stamped some Polkadot Basics 2 on the light blue cardstock background. And don't you just love this ribbon? It's from Offray, I believe I got it from either Michael's or AC Moore on sale. I did get the dies that came along with this set, but I didn't use it here. I wanted to cut right on the edges and I wanted the holes by the handle so that I could tie my tag to it. I still have to work on my sewing skills as you can see....heee!!! 








Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did making it! See you all tomorrow night for another card. For those who live in the east coast, be safe! Thanks for stopping by!

....Oooops....late as usual! Hee! The challenge was already closed. Oh well, enjoy the card just the same! 

~ Jean

Supplies:
Cardstock - vintage cream, spring rain, kraft (PTI)
Patterned Paper - Making Memories
Stamps - Tea for Two
Others - ink (PTI, Colorbox), ribbon (Offray), tag die (Provo Craft), twine (Walmart)


1 comment:

  1. Totally gorgeous, Jean. I love the sponged edges and the satin ribbon. You're making me think I need this stamp set sooner rather than later! Great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails