Saturday, March 12, 2011

Embellish: Color Trends Challenge with Music

Hi friends! It seems like it's been awhile since I made my last card. I'm blaming it on my Nook color and TV. I've been reading up a storm since I got my Nook. It's just so easy to get books now. I don't have to run to Barnes and Noble just to get the next one. If you're ever thinking about what e-reader to get...well, you should give Nook Color a try. Anyway, I've been mulling over the Color Trends Challenge for a few days now. Trying to decide what I should do with it. Today, I finally sat down and made a card for it. It's not my usual color palette. But Ashley's card was so beautiful, I had to try it! Here's the color combination.



Here's my take on this challenge. I can't remember where I got this sketch from (sorry!), it might have been Card Patterns or Mojo Monday. I just drew it on my little white board and was planning on joining that challenge a few days ago. But days went by and I never used it. I think the challenge for that sketch might be over by now. Still, I wanted to use it. 

I was in a butterfly mood today. So I used my favorite butterfly punch from Martha Stewart. Of course there had to be a touch of Waltzingmouse Stamps here and there. I just love their label stamps! It was one of the first things that drew me to them. I just love all the swirls and flourishes. It just fits with my style so much! :) Of course, I'm really trying to use other stamps from other companies. I told myself that I should. It's just hard though. Every time I decide to try out something else, WMS or PTI comes out with something so awesome that I just have to get my hands on it. Then I blow my entire craft budget on them and have none left to try anything else!!! I'm pretty sure a lot of you share my dilemma!

Anyway, here's my card. I hope you like it! I'll see you all again tomorrow! :) Thanks for stopping by! And thank you so much for all your sweet comments. It's what I always look forward to at the end of the day! :)




6 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is beautiful! That background paper is gorgeous, but the purple satin ribbon is my favorite part. Fab job with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another stunning card, Jean!! I love what you do with that label nestie and those stamps :) I'm digging my ms butterfly punch out right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is beautiful. I love that mix of patterned papers and stamps. Your biw is gorgeous and your stitching is the icing on the cake :)
    I know exactly what you mean with "blowing your craft budget" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful! love your design and how you used the colors. fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning card Jean - I love your layering and cute lace detail ;)
    TFS, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you really let the colors shine here, Jean. Really, really beautiful (as your cards always are!).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails