Friday, December 30, 2011

PDCC 112

Hey everyone! I've had some time on my hands to join some challenges this holiday season. I tell you, I think I used to join them almost everyday before I started working for different DTs. Now I don't have as much time to do that anymore, and so whenever I do get a chance to, it's so much fun. This one is for The Play Date Cafe Challenge 112.


It's a nice Christmas colored theme, perfect for the holidays. Here's my card. I stayed neutral for most of the card, with little splotches of color. I just LOVE neutrals. I stamped a newspaper print background using some PTI stamps and distressed the edges. Then I adhered some patterned paper strips over it. I zigzag stitched the panel on my newspaper print background.


I used one of my favorite holiday stamps from The Craft's Meow, Vintage Snowflakes. I also added this beautiful flourish from Waltzingmouse Stamps, Flourishes - Scallops and Dots.


To tie it all off, I added a lace ribbon, a button and some pearl stick pins. It was so much fun just making a card like this. Card challenges are so much fun, maybe I'll go look for some more to join...

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy New Year!!!

~Jean~



6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jean! Simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Jean! LOVE those vintage snowflakes and all your fabulous, shabby chic details! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me! I really love this, Jean. It's breathtakingly beautiful.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Jean - there's so many beautiful elements and it really makes me feel like a pretty snowfall. So glad you found time to play along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails