Saturday, July 14, 2012

WMSC 106


Hello! It's finally the weekend! I have a lot of DT assignments to make for this month and the coming month. So I'll try to make most of them this weekend. Hopefully I'll be very productive. :) 

It's time for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 106. We have a beautiful sketch from Sandie this week. Here it is. Let's see what you make of it. :)


I wanted to make a sweet/romantic card for this sketch and pulled out Paris Nouveau and Nordic Spring. I heat embossed the big label from Paris Nouveau in baby pink onto kraft cardstock. I unfortunately don't have the Spellbinders die that coordinates with it so I just hand cut mine. I adhered it over a lace stamp from Hero Arts. 


I dry embossed my vintage cream background with a chicken wire impression plate. I really wish I had the chicken wire stamp set. I hope to remedy that soon enough. I have such a long wish list that it's hard to get everything I want at the same time. I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm talking about. :) 

I also adhered a strip of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and a strip of lace trim over my background panel. Instead of a button on the right hand side of the label, I tied a ribbon  and added a flower.


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases. I also have Compact Sentiments 1 & 2 on my list. Ughhh I just WISH I could get them all at the same time. Anyway, something was missing on the bottom part of my card. So I stamped this beautiful butterfly from Nordic Spring and hand cut it. I added some pearls in the middle for a little bling. 


Okay, that's it for me today! I'm off to make my DT assignments. I am going to have so much fun. :) I hope to see your work over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Thanks for stopping by today! See you again soon. :)


7 comments:

  1. This really is very romantic and feminine. I love the soft, subtle colours, pretty ribbon and bow and fab butterfly. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, this card is fabulous! I just love all your little touches! and the pink embossing powder on the kraft card stock, really gives your card that vintage romantic feminine look and feel. and I love the blossom on the bow. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us! Very, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Ms. Jean! Love the pink embossing on kraft, fabulous butterfly, and bow!! Yes...I know about WMS wish lists...mine just keeps getting bigger and bigger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, I love this card! It is perfect in every way, right down to the lovely little pearls on the butterfly. Very pretty indeed! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, your embossing turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Jean, I love the pink embossed label on Kraft, sooo pretty! Gorgeous butterfly and sweet rose and lace trim too, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails