Sunday, January 20, 2013

Simon Says "Use Washi Tape" and Play Date Cafe 165


Hi there! I had some time this morning to get a little inky on my craft table. I played a little tennis yesterday after 4 years of not playing. And I threw my back! Oh my goodness!!! I had never felt so old. EVER. I didn't know if I was going to laugh at myself or cry because it hurt a lot. But because of it I'm stuck at home today. (Hence the time to make a card.) Hopefully it goes away soon.

Anyway, there were two challenges that I wanted to try out since I saw them. Play Date Cafe - A Study In Beauty has a wonderful color combination this week! I HAD to give it a try. Simon Says Stamp also has one, it's a "Use Washi Tape" challenge. I LOVE washi tape. Even if at times I don't know what to do with them. lol. I just love to look at them! Haha!

Simon Says Stamp   

Here's my take on these two challenges. When I saw the color combination on Play Date Cafe this came to mind. I had seen something similar in Pinterest and really wanted to try it out. I used WPlus9 Folk Art Florals to make the decorative flower element on my card. I had to add the chartreuse leaves though otherwise the idea wouldn't work. 


I masked some of the flowers using Eclipse masking tape and started stamping away. As I got to the ends of the "vine" I stopped masking and just let the colors blend in one on top of the other. I think it looks ok though. 


The sentiment is from WPlus9 Cupid's Arrow. I kept it black to even out all the colors I had used with the vines. I also added washi tape on the top left and lower right portions of the card. I thought it looked like something was missing there. The washi tapes filled it in beautifully. I actually made a FLAT card!!!! Can you believe it?! Yay! :) lol.

 My back feels terrible, but I'm glad I had some time to join in these challenges. It's been a long time since I just made a card for fun and not a DT assignment. Well, that's it for me. I need to rest my back now. Thanks for stopping by! 




10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your back. Ouch!
    Your card is fabulous. I really like the washi with the florals. I will have to remember that. And I have never heard of eclipse tape before. So thanks for sharing that little trick.
    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing Jean, I hope your back feelsa better really soon! Your card is just beautiful, as always, and I love how you creatively added the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I love the washi tape on here! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of your back! :)
    Love your use of washi and the color combo! :) Really amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better. Love your use of washi, really frames the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with the Washi Tape Challenge over atthe Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stunning Jean, love every inch of this card.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that very cool graphic sentiment mixed with the pretty flowers! It is a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The card is so gorgeous! I really like the mix of masking and not masking...I think it gives the flowers a lot of depth. The washi is a fab addition! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails