Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps Presents: Man of the Hour


As promised, I'm back for Day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps April Release Previews. Today, we're going back to the masculine themed projects.  I'm so excited to show these to you! I made a gift set for Dad. There's a card as well as packaging for a little gift. This features the stamp set Man of the Hour.


This is my favorite card for the entire release. I used different sentiments and combined them in one card to make the entire card. I also used the border stamp from My Kind of Guy to separate the sentiments.


For the gift, I just wrapped it with kraft wrapping paper. Then I tied some twine around it and added the little sentiment over it. I heat embossed the sentiment in white on a piece of charcoal cardstock.
 

 That's it for Day 3! I know that there are a lot of us who have a hard time with masculine cards. I hope this helps a bit and gives you more ideas for your masculine cards. Make sure to head on over to the other DT girls for more inspiration.

Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Claire Brennan
Clare Buswell
Edna Morrisedie
Iwona Palamountain
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Jennifer Cuthbertson
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Karin Akesdotter
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Teresa Kline
Tosha Leyendekker



16 comments:

  1. Fantastic work, love how you used the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Doesn't that 'small boys, big men' sentiment get ya right there! I love it tied simply with string on a brown paper package and your collage card is fab, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, that looks like a card from the store, Jean!!! It's stamping perfection! Love how it looks with the little dotted border...and the sweet brown paper package wrapped up with string! Awesome navy and kraft combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jean, love, love your creations. Wasn't too sure about whether this set was for me until I saw your work! Thanks alot:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful projects Jean! love the collage of stampings and the great wrapping for the gift for Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Jean! It's such a shame that my Dad is no longer with us as he'd have loved these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean, you really know how to make fabulous masculine projects. Wow! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you combined the sentiments and border! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is fantastic! It reminds me of vintagey wrapping paper, as always your stamping is impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love what you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love how you used the long sentiment as part of the wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you've created the background paper from all the sentiments, and the label on the parcel is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ideas for using this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails