Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Hi there! I have a card for a very special woman today. It's for my wonderful mom. A sister who worked hard to put her brothers and sisters through school. A daughter who worked hard to give her a family a better life. A mom who worked hard to make sure her daughters would not go through the hardships she did when she was younger. A mom who is always kind and soft spoken. MY MOM. My mom who loves God so very much. And whom God loves very much too because she would not have survived 2 aneurysms if not for Him. I'm grateful for every day that she's here with us. I miss her every day and wish that I wasn't half way across the world.

I LOVE YOU MOM! 


I was at Barnes and Noble this morning and saw a beautiful card with lovely embossing. I wanted to try to make my own version of it. This is what I came up with...


For this card, I used Rosie Posie from Papertrey Ink. I stamped some of the flowers and shaded them with Copic markers. I also heat embossed the rest of the flowers in white. I wanted to use my blending tool to give a beautiful aqua shade to the card. The embossed white flowers stand out quite beautifully this way. The sentiment is from A Special Lady by WPlus9.



As I was making this post, I realized that my older sister Cathy is just like my mom. She has three rowdy boys who always keeps her on her toes. And she also works so hard to make sure that they have a good life and a good education. I'm very proud of her! :) Happy Mother's Day Ach! :)

Well, that's it for today! Thanks for stopping by! I wish all the mom's out there a Happy, Happy Mother's Day!




9 comments:

  1. Whata gorgeous card Jean - your mum will treasure it and surely feel very loved! Thanks for the inspiration, Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean this is gorgeous, Jean you brought a tear to my eye, gorgeous card for your Mom. Isn't technology a wonderful way to stay connected over the miles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Jean! What sweet words about your mother! Your photography is just amazing too! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet tribute to your mom! She sounds amazing, and I'm sure she's going to love this gorgeous card! Love the coloring/shading/embossing, great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and LOVE the clock card so very much too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. tender card, very beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous background!! Love the colors and all those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just couldn't leave your website before suggesting that I actually loved the standard info a person provide to your visitors? Is going to be again steadily in order to investigate cross-check new posts

    My web site: cna classes fargo nd

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails