Monday, August 19, 2013

The Shabby Tea Room - Week 180


Hi there! It's going to be a bit busy around here again. I have a release feature and some challenges for this week. So let's start with a challenge! It's Monday again, and time for another The Shabby Tea Room Challenge


If you've only joined me today, I've been guest designing for TSTR this month of August. Here's our inspiration photo for this week. The challenge is to use the colors in the inspiration photo as well as to use fabric flowers in your project.


Here's my interpretation of the inspiration photo. If you look closely at the photo it looks like the dress actually has small pinstripes on it. So I made a pinstripe background for my card as well using my pinstripe background stamp from WMS. And instead of having lace, I heat embossed a clock face from Hands of Time on my background paper. 


I wanted a vine that looks like it was crawling on top of the clock face so I took my Harvest Berries, die cut it, stamped it and adhered it with foam tape over the background panel. The vine was a perfect place to position my silk flowers.

And I absolutely love this cute little fox from Hello Foxy. It was a perfect addition to my little card. The sentiments from Bigger Blooms are some of my favorites, so of course I had to add it here. 



There you go! My card for The Shabby Tea Room - Week 180. I hope you enjoyed it. Please join us for a little inky fun over at The Shabby Tea Room! See you there! :)

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails