Thursday, August 12, 2010

Card Patterns Sketch 76

Hi peeps! FINALLY, after months of thinking it over, I finally bought a small sewing machine. As some of you might have read in my previous blogs, I don't sew. I have no idea what to do with a sewing machine at all! But after seeing so many beautiful cards with stitches, I finally decided I should get a small one just for my card making. When my Janome Sew Mini arrived yesterday, I was so nervous. But thank goodness for Gina K's stamp TV. I learned how to "fill" up a bobbin and how to thread the machine and use it. Yay! After practicing on a few sheets of paper, I decided it was now or never. So here's my FIRST card with "real" stitches on them!!! Hee! :)


This is for Card Patterns Sketch 76. As you can notice, I changed it up a bit. But I still tried to follow the sketch as much as possible. Hope you like it!







Supplies:
Cardstock - vintage cream (PTI), black (Paper Company)
Patterned Paper - thrift shop (October Afternoon)
Stamps - cupcake collection, big and bold wishes, dot spot (PTI), background text (Hero Arts)
Ink - aqua mist (PTI), black (Memories), pink, brown (Color Box)
Others - edge punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)

2 comments:

  1. I am the same as you Jean - VERY nervous of the sewing machine... You've inspired me to give it a go, as your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the black lacey/scallop border. I have that punch, but never in a million years would I have thought to do it in black. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails