Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge : Quirky-Cutesy-Clean Style #2

Hi there! I have another submission for the Embellish Magazine Color Challenge. I wasn't too happy with the first one I made and I thought I'd try to make another one. I was trying to decide which stamp set to use with it and I saw this large flower from Hero Arts. I really love this cling stamp. I just wish there was a smaller sized one I could use for other things as well. I actually colored it a bit with Aqua Mist ink and my Dove blender pen. It's not very clear in the picture though.  I made several changes to the final color placement, but finally decided on this one.  I also just got this pack of assorted buttons from Walmart. Let me tell you, the colors in the pack were sooo cute! You never know what you'll find in Walmart if you just look. Hee!


I decided to use plain cardstock on this one. I really tried not to reach for any of my patterned papers. I've been so in love with October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket lately! The challenge did call for a "clean" style. Here's my card, hope you'll like it!




Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, aqua mist (PTI), peach (DCWV)
Stamp - flower (Hero Arts), sentiment (PTI)
Others - buttons (Walmart)

3 comments:

  1. Love the way you colored that big flower! I've never tried the blender pen with ink, but it looks great! The stitching adds a great touch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the big bloom! Thanks so much for playing along with us! Hugs from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails