Saturday, August 25, 2012

PTI August Blog Hop

*** Please scroll down for my WMS 112 post. ***


Hello again! Happy Saturday! PTI is hosting its August Blog Hop today! I haven't joined in months. I used to join each and every blog hop. So I'm going to make up for all that today! 
Blog-hop-logo
Blog-hop-2

I love argyle! And lately, because of PTI, I've grown to love using felt on my cards. For me argyle usually triggers a masculine inspiration. So I made a card for my nephew whose birthday is this coming September! I made an argyle border on the bottom of my card using  A Little Argyle stamp set.

I adhered a strip of burlap and tied a ribbon around it for a little more texture. Also to give a more separate look to the two areas of my card.

My nephew Ryan is such an active little boy. Always running around, playing and getting into all sorts of mischief. We used to joke around and call him "monkey boy". So I grabbed Tremendous Treats: Birthday because of the cute monkey image.


I stamped the image, colored it in with Copics, and hand cut it. I also die cut some leaves from Sending You dies, it seemed appropriate at that time. And it came out really nicely when I was putting my elements together. 


I used Alpha Blocks and die for my main sentiment. And added a few more from Movers and Shakers Sentiments to complete the card. Before adhering the main panel to my card base, I distressed the edges.


That's it for me! I'm sending this half way across the world. I just hope he gets it in time and intact! :) Thanks for stopping by today! :)

15 comments:

  1. awesome card - really love this design

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I absolutely love all the texture that you incorporated in the design. I have no doubt that your nephew will be excited when he receives this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! I just got those alpha-blocks stamps and I love how you used them on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this card! You make me want to pull out my Arglye set and play :) I have a 10 year old grandson who would love this card for his birthday. Love the colors you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the elements you put on your card! Who knew a monkey with blue ears and a belly could look sooo cute! Your nephew will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love the layout and the colors! Your nephew will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination of colors, textures & layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card. Love the separation you made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so fun. So many great textures and elements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ought to be ashamed of yourself! I know want every set that you used that I don't own. This card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really Jean, could this be any cuter? And you know you were one card away from a random winner! But this card is a winner anyway!!!! Loving that argyle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card!! Great fall birthday card for a kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Couldn't be any sweeter! Love the argyle, stamps, monkey, burlap....oh just everything!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails