Saturday, August 4, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 109


Hi there! I'm just about ready for the storm of challenges and releases that I've been getting ready for. (So keep checking in for them!) I'm starting with today's challenge, Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 109.

We have another sketch inspired from Waltzingmouse Design Team members' cards. This one is based on Bonnie Sharp's creation.


I did a little adjustment of the sketch to suit what I wanted to make. Instead of a circle in the center of my card, I wanted to use Very Vintage Labels No. 5. This is my favorite image from the set. I kept it simple for this challenge.

I made a 5 x 5 card base and rounded the bottom corners of the card. Then I cut a strip of patterned paper and adhered it on the top portion. I also took a strip of washi tape and placed it under the patterned paper. I cut a strip of lace and zigzag stitched it in between.

 After stamping my label, I die cut it using a coordinating die from Spellbinders. Then I inked the edges to make it stand out. I also added a die cut circle with pinking edges. I've been having fun die cutting felt lately, so I used felt for the die cut. 


I added a butterfly to the center and adhered some pearls over it. For my sentiment, I die cut a banner die, also from Spellbinders. The sentiment is from Frame It. I just love the combination of fonts in this set.


I'll be back again tomorrow with more! I would love to see what you make of this sketch challenge. So please join us for some fun over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Thanks for passing through! :)

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love your card Jean!
    Have a nice week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I was over at your blog twice now and for some reason I couldn't leave a comment. Not sure why though. The prompt just won't appear on the comment box.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Jean. Love that frame. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes....the striped paper with the yellow polls dots (wash tape), the label, felt, lace, and sentiment! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore the contrast of the stripes and polka dots!! Beautiful card Jean!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails