Monday, August 13, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room 127 - For the Love of Books


Hi there! I'm back with another card today. Whew! I'm totally beat from all the cards that I've had to make since last week. I actually haven't stopped yet, I have more to make this week. I've been having card-maker's block the whole weekend. I'm probably going to be scrambling all week to try to finish the rest off. It's a good thing I made this one in advance! :) Yay!

August Guest Designers!



Since the theme of this week's challenge is all about books, I used book print as the main background panel for my card. I stamped a strip of vintage cream cardstock with kraft chevrons and adhered it over the book print panel. I also adhered a strip of lace in the middle and a strip of...lol I really don't know what that is. Can someone tell me what the trim with little cotton balls is called? Hee hee. 


Then I added the ribbon and flowers for some texture and color. I die cut a cardstock doily and attached my sentiment over it.


I attached some banners underneath the doily sentiment to balance things out. It's also a great color addition to an otherwise neutral card.
 

This is a wonderful, wonderful challenge! So make sure you join in! Head on over to The Shabby Tea Room for more inspiration from their fabulous design team! See you there! :)






7 comments:

  1. Unique card i loved it at first look! you are doing excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call it pom pom trim. Love this card, the aqua banners are perfect with the flowers/bow to add a bit of color! Book print and chevron is a fabulous background!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Jean! Love that sentiment stamp too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning, Jean ... so soft, pretty and delicious! Thanks so much for joining us this month in the Tea Room ... what a TREAT for our followers!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails