Monday, August 6, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #126 - Soft Neutrals


Hello! This is my first week as a Guest Designer over at The Shabby Tea Room. I was excited and nervous when Debbie asked me if I could be a guest designer for August. So I hope you take it easy on me this month. :) 

July Guest Designers!

This week's challenge is all about Soft Neutrals. Here's the inspiration picture for this week's challenge.


For some reason this looked like a little country cottage right on the beach for me. So I added a little nautical touch to my card. I used mostly neutrals, but I wanted a little color in it too. There was a little blue on the paintings and I took that and incorporated it into my card. I used Guiding Light and the Guiding Light Dies.


I also used A Pocketful and A Pocketful Dies. I placed the star fish and sand dollars as if they're spilling out of the pocket. Not that you would put star fish and sand dollars in your back pocket. lol! But it looked good that way.


I also stamped them on the edges of the vintage cream cardstock to emphasize the nautical theme of the card. The sentiment I got from Fish More. Wouldn't it be great to retire and live near the beach?! I know I would love that. :)


Well, that's it for me! Please drop by the Tea Room and join us for some inky fun. Don't forget to pass by The Shabby Tea Room's design team members. They always have beautiful creations that are so inspiring. Thanks for stopping by today. 


6 comments:

  1. What a fab summery feel to your card! Great mix of patterned papers and stamping! Congrats on your GD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Congrats on guest designing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect! So beachy and soft and I love the great dies and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your soft, delicate style, Jean! Even better - you make it suit a guy! Fabulous!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely, serene card - perfect for retirement. Gentle, muted colours are delicious, and I love the starfish and sand-dollars - super!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails