Monday, August 27, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room 129 - Summer Cottage


Hi there friends! I hope your weekend was lovely. It's Monday and it's my last week as a Guest Designer over at The Shabby Tea Room. It's been such a great month. I have enjoyed it so much! 

August Guest Designers!
Challenge 129 is themed Summer Cottage. And here's the beautiful inspiration photo.
The assignment is to use the colors from the photo, include some distressing/shabby elements, and add a title/sentiment.


Here's my project for this week's challenge. I took some of the colors from the inspiration photo for my card. Also, I used the idea of the two large cabinets in the background and decided to make banners that mimicked them. 


Then I cut a strip of vintage cream cardstock and used Lovely Layers from PTI and stamped some of the smaller flowers and leaves on it.


For my main image, I used layered the beautiful flower image, also from Lovely Layers, and stamped them in different colors. I inked the edges of my card and flowers with some distress ink. Then to soften the card, I tied a ribbon and added a little flower on top of it. 


Are you ready to get your shabby chic hat on? If you are, head on over to The Shabby Tea Room and join us for a little inky fun. You also have to see what the DT has for you!!! They are AMAZING! Thanks for stopping by today! I'll see you all again soon! :)


6 comments:

  1. My goodness ... such loveliness!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining us during the month of August in the Tea Room as guest designer! You treated our followers to the most amazing projects and we were inspired by your fabulous talent :) Hugs! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the fun design with lots of gorgeous layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!!! Love the banners, flower, and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya Jean! thanks for the sweet comment on my wee blog. yours really made me smile! thought i'd pop over here and saw this beautiful card. stunning layers and amazing bow! and so many great stamping details on your fabulous focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely and so cheery! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails