Saturday, August 18, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 111


Hi there! It's me again... back with another card. This time it's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 111.  Our sketch for this week is from Julia. Here it is. And we're in for some wonderful background stamping! :)


I was looking through some of my favorite websites and found a wonderful array of handmade invitations. I decided to give it a try as well. Here's what I came up with.
I stamped this beautiful doily image from Dainty Doilies - Large Set. I saw a blog friend use this and color in the circles of the doily. She made it so beautifully that I wanted to try that too! :)


I stamped the image using Ocean Tides and colored a few parts with Copic markers. Then I wrapped twine around the kraft cardstock several times. Above it I tied some gray lace trim, added a button and some embellishments on it. 


For the label, I used Florentine Frippery. And the sentiment is from Join Us. I thought there was too much space above the sentiment. So I added a little bling from Want2Scrap.


I'm going to have a little card making break this weekend. But I promise I'll see you again on Monday! Please join us for a little friendly competition and some prizes over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! :)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous invite!!! Love the doilies...and the coloring!!! These are richer colors for you and they look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! They almost look like peacock tails. So elegant too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The the colours who would have thought the shades of brown could look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many things I love about this card I could waffle on for some time! Those doilies look so pretty coloured like that and combining with the other colours - just beautiful. Such pretty lace and crystals and topped off with a vintage button - fabby!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails