Saturday, December 1, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge 126

***My WPlus9 December 2012 Release Preview - Day 1 is just below. Please scroll down to view it.***


I can't believe it!!! I had this post all ready and saved 2 days ago. I check in a few hours before it's scheduled to post to add my little note above. Lo and behold, the whole post is erased! And there's no button I can hit to bring it back!!!!!! I think I could have cried!

Anyway, enough with that! I was so excited about this post because there was something that I wanted to try out. A few days ago I was looking through my favorite blogs and I stopped by Damask Love. I must have spent an entire morning just reading through her posts. (Sometimes I get so busy that I'm not able to look through all my favorites.) 

Anyway, I couldn't help but admire her photography and layouts. They almost always look like they came straight from magazines! So I tried a little something something of my own. Here it is. :) 

I toggled with my pictures on Adobe Illustrator and came up with this little layout. Hopefully I can make it something more permanent on my blog posts. 

This week's sketch is from my good friend Iwona "Chupa" Palamountain. I love it because it is so open to interpretation. And you know you can change things up a bit if you want. :)

WMSC126.jpg

I love this card. It has so many yummy details that I hope you will love too. First off, I dry embossed the kraft background with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. Then I rubbed some white pigment ink on the raised surfaces of the snowflakes to make them pop. Then I distressed the edges with another Tim Holtz tool.

I stamped and die cut the ornament from 2011 Holiday Ornaments in Aqua Mist. Then I stamped it again and heat embossed it in silver. I trimmed out portions of it and only kept the center with the reindeers. Then I attached it with some foam adhesive over the ornament. I also hand sewed the edges of the stamped image. I thought it made the card look more rustic. 


I also stamped some images from Festive Foliage and hand cut them. I attached them on the upper left hand corner of the ornament. I also heat embossed a sentiment from Compliments of the Season Two. I die cut it and placed it over the Festive Foliage.



Then for my main sentiment, I stamped this from Yonder Star twice. One in brown and the other in aqua mist. I cut a portion of the aqua mist and adhered in on top of the brown one. I cut the sentiment out and distressed the edges before adhering it onto the card.


I hope you like my card for this week's challenge. Please join us for some inky fun over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. The other Mischief Makers have more cards/projects to show you. So make sure to head on over to their blogs to leave them some love. I'll be back with more cards tomorrow! :)



5 comments:

  1. Just when I think you couldn't get any better you do! This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! Love the colors and mix of colors n the sentiment, all the stitching, distressing....oh just everything...it's perfect!! Love your pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous card, Jean! Love your work! Just fabulous! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails