Saturday, April 17, 2010

Scrap Haul 2!!!

Hi all! So last night was a wonderful wonderful Friday night. As I came home from work two packages were waiting for me!!! :) One from Papertrey Ink and another from Stampin Up! I was soooo excited on getting the stamp sets ready so that I could use them. Unfortunately there were so many stamps that had to be assembled and prepped that afterwards I had only time to make one card design!!! And of course since I had been waiting for soooo long to get my hands on the Year of Flowers "Violets" from Papertrey Ink I had to use it first!!! :) Here it is, a simple thank you card that I love love love!!! :) I'm actually thinking of making a set and giving it to my sisters...hmmm :) Enjoy!






I tried to do the shading of the violets in the center differently. With the brown card, I used water color pencils and took the colors straight from the pencil with a water brush. With the lime green card, I used water color pencils and shaded straight on the cardstock, then I used a stump pen with odorless paint thinner to make sure that none of the lines and strokes from the colored pencils would be visible. All in all, I kinda prefer the colored pencils with ordorless paint thinner look much better.

~ Jean

ps.  Oh! And welcome to new followers! Thanks ladies! I hope you enjoy the cards that I make! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet cards, they would make a great gift as a set! I've never tried my watercolor pencils on cards, but you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. try the odorless paint thinner. they sell them at local craft stores for $6 for big bottle which will last you forever! :) and the look you get is really really nice...no need to spend so much on copic markers? hehe perhaps not...but it looks good just the same...try it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails