Saturday, April 23, 2011

ColourQ Challenge 81 and The Shabby Tea Room Week 58

***If you're looking for my Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge card, just click here.***
**And don't forget to check out The Craft's Meow sneak peaks!!!**


Hi friends! I have a card for the ColourQ Challenge 81. I saw my friend Christina's card and I was inspired to join. The colors were within my safety zone...so here I am! :) The colors and card I was thinking of making also fit the challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room. Yay! So two challenges with one card!  :) 





I was trying my hand at something new with this card. I used some enamel accents to dot the edges of my card and label. I wasn't very successful as they are not even at all. And in the middle of that my cat Lucas decided he wanted to inspect my card. He managed to paw parts of the "dots" that I had made. :( He loves to sit with me when I'm making cards, but he usually just sits patiently and waits until I'm done. I guess the smell of the enamel accents made him curious. Heehee!

The challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room was Pastels and Stripes, so I stamped the background with PTI's Distressed Stripes. The pastel colors of the ColourQ Challenge were exactly what I needed! For the labels I used my favorite Very Vintage Labels 18. I haven't even begun to use all of the wonderful stamps in this set. I really wanted to get some Spellbinder's dies, but got side tracked by all the wonderful stamp sets that were on my list. The gorgeous flowers are from Roses in Bloom...all from Waltzingmouse Stamps of course! What do you think? I hope you can still see the light blue...I guess I used a very light, light blue ink....oops! :) 




13 comments:

  1. Silly cat! I can't tell though. I do love the stripped background and pretty flowers. You definitely need more SB dies. A girl can NEVER have too many. LOL :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so nice that you even let him in the room, my poor kitty has to sit on the other side of the door with the dogs! Very cute card, love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at CQC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anita: He follows me everywhere. :) He sits on my chair with me while I craft. He sits in front of the computer while I'm posting my blog posts (but he will move to the side if you ask him to), he waits patiently by my side while I take pictures of my cards, he sleeps near my head at night, goes with me into the bathroom while I'm in the shower, shares my seat when I'm having dinner...and is waiting at the door when I get home from work. :) He's my little lovey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I am loving this beautiful creation! Besides the fact that Roses in Bloom is my favorite WMS set...gorgeous colors and so many sweet details! So glad you could play along with us in The Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the label over the doliy and the striped paper is perfect with the roses :-) Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby tea room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Jean! Great job coloring those beautiful blossoms! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jean! I think you might have something with the paw prints, it's kinda like splattering. Personally I love it, Lucas should help more often! Your card is beautiful, Jean and no one would notice where Lucas helped. My Daisy sits at my feet, when she gets tired of waiting on me, she gets on a large teaching table I have beside me and starts shoving everything off. I could not ban mine from my room! Love your story as well. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, the label is so pretty and decorative, yet another stamp set to save for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card you've designed for this week's challenge in the Tea Room, Jean ... thanks for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, the yellow stripes are just gorgeous!! great job on coloring the roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out so pretty! I have only used my enamel accents a couple of times because they are hard to control, and I don't have a curious cat to make things harder! I love the yellow striped paper and those beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunner! I have trouble using "drops" of anything on my cards, but I can't really see any booboos, cat-inspired or otherwise, on this beauty! Thanks for playing the CQC with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails