Saturday, April 30, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 45

Good morning bloggies! I'm back this morning for two posts: Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 45 and The Craft's Meow May Release - Day 3. So make sure you check out BOTH posts ok! ;)


Let's get on with it shall we? Claire has a completely different sketch for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 45. I don't know if I've ever seen a sketch like this in any of the challenges I have ever joined. And that's exactly what I love about WMSC. Here, let me show you...



The wonderful thing about it is that it's totally open for your interpretation! Don't you just love it?! I must say though, I mulled over it for quite a while. I actually made two cards for this one. After I had made the first one I wasn't too happy with it. So as I always do, I stepped away. After two days, an idea came to mind...and here it is!


I actually saw this pinwheel tutorial on one of the blogs that I follow. I'm so sorry to say that I can't remember which blog it was. I look at soooo many of them everyday. I find that when I'm stumped, it's always a good idea to look around what other people have up their sleeves. lol. Well, after I saw the pinwheel tutorial, I came up with this! :) The sentiment is from Frame It, and the flowers are from Roses in Bloom. I made the tassel from ribbon, pearls and a charm. What do you think? :) I can't wait to see what you'll do with this sketch. See you there! :)



The other wonderfully, talented Mischief Makers have more inspiration for you, so don't forget to head on over to check out their blogs! 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch Jean!! I love how you have attached the key, super sweet with the pearls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, love the pinwheel too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun (the pinwheel and hanging key) and beautiful (the soft colors and crystals and scallops) card. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors on this Jean! love your pinwheel with the pearls and key charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Jean! I love the lil dangling ribbon and beautiful pearl and key token.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Jean! I love the double scallop and the pinwheel is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL, Jean! LOVE how you've interpreted that little tassel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Well, Laura has a die that cuts a cute little pinwheel. She keeps selling out.
    Here:
    http://lilinker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails