Saturday, April 2, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 41

Hi bloggies! Sorry it's been a bit quiet around here. Well it's the weekend and I'm planning on trying to catch up with some of my favorite challenges. Let's start the ball rolling with Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 40! This was such a fun sketch! I'm so sure you'll all agree with me! Here it is...



Mini cards! Isn't it wonderful?! I don't usually make these and it's quite challenging to try to make sure everything I want fits into the small space. But I must say, I had a really great time making my mini cards for this challenge. Instead of using a flower for my focal point, I went with using butterflies instead. This punch is from Martha Stewart, one of my favorite punches. I also used this stamp from Very Vintage Labels No. 5 again. I just LOVE the intricate details within this stamp. It was perfect for what I had in mind. I found this lace trim over at AC Moore for a dollar. It's super cute isn't it? 

I also followed the advice of my good blogland friend Heather and added more lights to my light box. What do you think? Do my pictures look better? It's only a point and shoot camera. I hope I can get a better one soon! But it seems to be working out for me so far. I can't wait to see what you'll do with this sketch! I'll see you all there! And don't forget to check out the other Mischief Makers! 





10 comments:

  1. Jean they are beautiful! That frame is stunning. Yes I think the extra lights were a great idea...looking bright and clear to me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jean, those cards are stunning! GORGEOUS creations.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love these! Just the right amount of embellishing for a mini card. I love the argyle, the sweet lace trim, and the tiny tag. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers - your cute butterfly cards are to-die-for Jean! I love the layers of each filigree butterfly. Great touch!
    And your photos are really good! I don't even have a lightbox and am struggling with gloomy days and poor light for my pics lately. Maybe I need to start saving ;)
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look great Jean. I really like the painted wood you placed at the bottom of your light tent. I need to try a cutting board or something. Might make my cards sit a little straighter. :)
    Do you like the light you added?
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant piece of work. The set of cards are stunning- with the colour combo, the frame, the butterflies and the ribbon. I like the way you tucked in the sentiment tag along with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are breathtaking; your choice of colors is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! I love the crisp white with the pops of black and that pale blue! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous! I love the butterfly and pretty ribbon - and wonderful soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Jean! These are beautiful! Love the pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails