Monday, April 11, 2011

CR84FN23

Hi friends! I know it's been a bit quiet around here. We had a big party last Friday that lasted until Sunday if you can believe it! I didn't have any time for any card making at all. It's finally Monday, and things are finally quiet. Last week was such a harrowing week! We had a long time client suddenly go berserk on us! You think you know people, when all of a sudden, they show another side you've never seen before. And the sad thing was she was so very, very wrong. Working in a service-providing business is so hard. You can't seem to please people no matter how much you try. Which is why, I would LOVE to become a graphic designer and be answerable to only one boss!!!! Hee! :)


Anyway, enough of that. First on my list for this week is CR84FN23. Have you seen the color combination?! It's sooo beautiful! I couldn't resist! Here it is...



I used several stamps from different stamp companies for this card. The bird image came from Stampin' Up, something I haven't used in months! The sentiment and border image came from Waltzingmouse Stamps. And the flowers are from Paper Source. My husband was walking by and saw my card. He said "Hey, I like that!" Haha! It's very rare I get a spontaneous reaction from him. Whenever I show him my cards, he would have his brows together and his analyzing look on. He would remain quiet for a few minutes (which drives me crazy) before he says anything. Perhaps thinking of something safe to say? Hahaha! Oh but no, he's very honest with his opinions when it comes to my cards. There have been several incidences where I would have loved to whack him with a pillow. Hehe! So it's good he likes this one, because I like it too. What do you think? :) That's it for tonight. Good night every one! 






16 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Jean. I love hte sweet bird, and your pins are so pretty. I love how you always have such feminine details on your cards.

    Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, LOVE the stamped bird and the lace with the stitching! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are stunners!! I love visiting your blog so much!!!
    Greetings from Austria,
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Jean. I love the way you popped up the bird for a bit of extra dimension, and the stick pins are gorgeous!

    Sorry to hear you had a rough week at work! It's amazing sometimes what a bad situation will reveal about people you thought you knew. I can totally understand what you mean, as I worked in an animal hospital for a year before having kids. The service industry can be so stressful!

    Hey, what's this about a party that lasted all weekend? Did I miss my invitation in the mail? *wink*

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to mention how you made me laugh when you said your husband gets quiet for a few minutes when you show him a card! Sounds just like my hubby. I should know better than to even ask him anymore. I guess we'll just have to be grateful that they give us some quiet time to create, even if they don't quite get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Jean! Love the paperpieced bird image! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love your stick pins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I love those pretty pins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jean, this is GORGEOUS! WOW! The bird image is so beautiful! The lace trim is such a lovely touch. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Wonderful take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jean - fantastic card. Love the lace, stitching, bird - all of it!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    PS Sounds like a mega party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love your bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so incredibly gorgeous! I love hte lace, the bird, the mix of patterns...everything!
    (BTW, I'm a Long Island girl, too. Born and raised in Huntington.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! Love those pearl pins!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE-ly!!! You always amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL!! This is an absolutely stunning card, Jean; I just love it to bits :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails