Saturday, April 16, 2011

Embellish: Crochet Trim Color Trends Challenge

Hi friends! Whew! It's finally the weekend! Yay! I'm exhausted! I was going through my favorite blogs tonight and found a video by Sarah Martina Parker. It was about how she went about making her cards for Embellish Color Trends Challenges. This one was for the Crochet Trim Challenge. I was so inspired by the video that after it, I went straight to my craft table and started making my card. Sarah has always been one of my favorite designers. Before I was part of the Mischief Makers, I would always find inspiration in her cards every Saturday for the WMS Sketch Challenges. She's just a genius when it comes to combining elements for her cards. I based my card for this challenge on her creation. Thank you so much for all of the inspiration you  share Sarah! :)



Here's my card. As you can see, I CASEd Sarah's layout a bit. And after seeing her video, I went looking for a fabric brad. Unfortunately, this was the only one I found that matched the colors of this challenge. Haha! I should get more! And oh my goodness! How I wish I had those cameos too!!! At least I know where to get them now! I hope you like this one. I'll be back tomorrow for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! See you then! Good night everyone! :)



14 comments:

  1. What a fab card, I'm loving all those layers (I do struggle with layers). Me I looked at the new colour challenge & nearly freaked, you make it look so easy. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so beautiful! love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning, Jean!! I saw Sarah's card last night and am going over to check the video out (got a large coffee ready!!)...just got some new WMS - labels 18 I want to play with!! Oh, that ribbon and flower and sweet little house ....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love all the details!! Wondering about the frames you have been using- are you making them??

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vickie: They're from Tattered Angels. I just inked them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you got the frames! :)
    And made a bwauty with it; this is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always! Once again you're making me kick myself for passing up Love Lives Here. Had it in my cart, then changed my mind! You did a fabulous job with these colors, and you always rock the crochet trim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FAB card...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christina, you HAVE to get Love Lives Here...the sentiments ALONE are worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jean! You've done it again! And you made those colors look so fresh and bright! I agree with you - adore Sarah Martina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Jean! Love that frame and the Love Lives Here house and sentiment you have used. Beautiful pattern paper combination and that bow with the flower is gorgeous:)
    I too got out all my embellishments and papers after watching Sarah's video but haven't found the time to make the card though! After seeing yours, I am inspired to start making now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! All the elements you used work perfectly together! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Jean, you are such an inspiration yourself! Thanks for your sweet words, and thanks for sharing such an amazing card with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails