Friday, April 15, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room Week 57

Hi everyone! I was just going through some of my Papercrafts Magazines tonight and noticed that there weren't enough Shabby Chic cards in it. It was mostly CAS and graphic cards. I hope they'll make an issue that's filled with some shabby and vintage goodies! Or at least add more shabby chic and vintage cards. I know there's a big following for CAS cards, but I'm pretty sure there's also a growing one for shabby and vintage. I knew where I would find it in blogland though! The Shabby Tea Room of course! This week couldn't be more perfect! The theme is Doilies and Lace! Two of my favorite embellishments! :) Here's their inspiration photo.



And here's my card. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I'm still on my journey to mastering shabby chic cards. There's some shabby chic in there now...it's just not shabby chic enough...do you know what I mean? Whenever I look at my cards, they usually feel like a modern version of shabby chic. I can't explain it. It just feels like it's a few steps away from shabby chicness. Haha! I'm always ooohhhing and aaaahhhing whenever I look at cards from Melissa Phillips, Beatriz Jennings, Viola Mahr...and many more... Anyway, just as long as they're soft and feminine...I enjoy making them. :) And I hope you enjoy viewing them too. I've come a long way, or so I've been told, and I totally love the process of it. Well, that's it for tonight! Good night everyone! :)




21 comments:

  1. I love the dollies. And the card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is just stunning!! I love your shabby chic style and wouldn't change a thing except keep it coming!! This would be such a great wedding card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. I adore this elegant card to bits. The tickets so delicately stamped are such winners. I also adore the daintily overlapped die cut border. Such an inspiring card. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean your modern shabby chic style is just divine so don't beat yourself up about not being like the others you mentioned. Yes I love their style too as you do but I love your style equally....you have a beautiful way of combining your unique elements and I love to pore over your designs. This card is another stunning example....love the sweet clusters you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, girl, whatever it is that you call your style, keep doing it! This is completely gorgeous! So soft and feminine and just beautiful. Love that cluster of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean ... OH MY SHABBY GOODNESS ... I think you've MASTERED the shabby chic look, my stampy friend! This card is jaw dropping GORGEOUS!!! What a lucky recipient to receive such a beauty! I agree with you, being the shabby girl that I am ... not enough representation in the printed publications for us lovers of all things shabby and vintage. I would LOVE to see a publication DEDICATED to shabby/vintage {swoon}! Thank you so much for sharing this delicious creation with us all in the Tea Room this week - WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Jean!!!! I think this card is completly shabby and so beautiful!!!!Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card this week in The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I have the same issue and now that I'm on the DT, I have to work extra hard but there can be different levels of shabby....i hope ;-)

    Thanks for sharing this lovely creation with us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous creation Jean!! Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you on that. That is the exact reason I have not ever submitted to any magazine. I feel they are not looking for the Shabby Style. They like a very CAS look that I just can't do. I want to add lace and ribbon to everything. I know CARDS will take more the shabby style, but they still want a stripped down version. :(

    You did a beautiful job. I love your style. It is always so very feminine. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know EXACTLY what you mean about shabby chic!! You used the term "modern", I always think of my attempts at shabby chic as "clean" shabby chic, and like you said, not shabby chic enough. But really, your card is STUNNING and perfect imo, and I wouldn't change a thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh Diane you are totally right on! It is "clean" shabby chic! I just didn't know how to call it! Haha! Let's all hope that someone comes up with a Shabby Chic/Vintage magazine!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very pretty...I totally know what you're talking about...I love the look but feel like I'm such a beginner...thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Jean! Love the soft colors, the tickets and doily... jsut perfect. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! I love the design and color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful. I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely fabulous. I love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty. I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to doing Shabby Chic because that is how I feel when I try it too. I am still trying to master it though.Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whatever you call your style it is knock down gorgeous! Congrats on your win for this week! So well deserving! Yes, there are not enough shabby cards represented in magazines. I would love to see an issue dedicated to just the shabby style!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How absolutely elegant and stunning. The soft pink and grey is really beautiful. Have a happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your work! saw your award at the Tea Room!

    SO Inspirational!

    xo,

    Kristina-Nicole
    kristinanicoleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails