Saturday, April 16, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 43

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday! If you're looking for my Embellish Color Trends Challenge submission just scroll down. Otherwise, we have a great sketch this week for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 43. After all the recent layered cards I created, I decided to go a little light on this one. I wanted to try to make a simple card. But with BLING! Haha! Before I spill the beans and show you what I mean...here's the sketch for this week.

I've decided to call this "Shabby Chic CAS" Heehee! Absolutely no pun intended! It's shabby chic (my version of it at least) but it's clean and simple considering I didn't layer it to my heart's content. :) These rhinestone embellishments were on sale for 40% off at Michael's this week. I grabbed a couple of them because they were so beautiful! I'll be trying to make a few more shabby chic CAS cards here and there. Tell me what you think ok? And come join us over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! I love perusing through the gorgeous cards that are submitted every week. See you there!




7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your shabby chic CAS card, Jean! Love the soft colors and those fancy rhinestones...love the colors of those, too. The little edge of Victorian Frippery is the perfect touch with that background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, I'll tell you what I think - absolutely gorgeous!! I love the soft colour palette, and the gem swirls are so elegant, well done on getting the 40% off, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely Jean! the gems and flower match so perfectly - love the elegant look of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant card Jean, from the soft tonings to the way you have added in the gorgeous flourishs- just perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Jean! I love the flourishes and the fussy cut label is super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean, this is such a pretty, elegant card!! Beautiful!! Love how you cut out the frame! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did shabby chic CAS beautifully. This card is lovely! Love how the Victorian Frippery image is peeking out below the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails