Friday, November 19, 2010

2S4Y Sketch 66

Hi friends! TGIF!!! We have family visiting this weekend until next week, I don't know if I'll be able to join in on the usual challenges I join. But since it's not too busy around here yet, I found this card challenge over at 2S4Y. I thought it was an interesting sketch and wanted to try it out. I'm still working on my Christmas cards, so this one is Christmas themed again! :) Here's Kazan's wonderful sketch.



Here's my take on the sketch. When I first saw the sketch, the first idea that came to mind was cascading snowflakes! So I started by stamping some small snowflakes from (WMS) on the left side of my card panel. I heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. After that I decided to go Aqua Mist and Crumb Cake on the card. So I used En Francais (one of my favorite background stamps) and stamped it with Crumb Cake ink. I inked the edges with some Antique Linen (Ranger) and matted it with a sand colored cardstock from Bazzill. 

Of course it wouldn't be me if I didn't add a ribbon. It's so funny, Sue mentioned that ribbons were a trademark on my cards. I had never realized it until she mentioned it. I actually went back to take a look at my past cards...and of course Sue was totally right! Hahaha! I think 90% of my cards had ribbons on them!!! Hee! :) I stitched the edges. (OF COURSE) Haha! Then I adhered everything on an Aqua Mist card base. 


The label stamp is from Waltzing Mouse...one of my favorite stamp sets to date...Holiday Labels 14. The sentiment is also from WMS, Compliments of the Season. I also punched out some snowflakes and adhered glitter on them. Then I added some buttons with twine. I also thought that the bottom part seemed to be lacking something. So I added the two buttons. :) I hope you like this one! Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

  1. I love it, Jean! Everything works perfectly together--the snowflakes on the script background, the gorgeous sentiment, and the seam binding. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautie!!! I also love the En francais big stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my oh my - this is almost too gorgeous to be just a card - how about making it the whole keepsake gift instead :)
    thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails