Monday, November 8, 2010

PDCC 54

Hi friends! I hope your week started well. My husband hooked up our Xbox 360 Kinect this weekend. Oh my goodness, my muscles are still sore! It's so much fun, but at the same time it'll also give you a great exercise. I really enjoyed the rafting game that came along with the Kinect package. My husband and I are very competitive against each other when it comes to games like this. It's really funny. It feels like we're kids again. Haha! It looks like we'll be having more Kinect evenings from now on. :)


I have a card for Play Date Cafe tonight. It's for their PDCC 54. Here's the color combination for this challenge.



Here's my card for this challenge. I used a melon berry cardstock for my base and stamped it with En Francais. Then stamped some In Bloom using Celery ink onto a white cardstock and matted that with spring moss. I adhered that lovely lace from JoAnn's and tied a ribbon over it. I didn't have this color of ribbon, so I just inked this one and dried it with my heat gun. Pretty nifty trick I learned from some talented ladies online! :) And I don't know what it is with stars....but here I go again! I die cut some stars using my Cricut Expression and stamped it with some polka dots. I inked the edges and put some Stickles to add some bling. I needed more color for the center of my card so I adhered some buttons onto the stars. I hope you like this one! Thanks for stopping by!!! Good night! :) hugs!





7 comments:

  1. Another drop dead gorgeous creation Jean!!! Love these soft colors!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go with In Bloom again! I must resist.... LOL

    Love the way you used these soft colors! The ribbon is gorgeous! Did you ink it with a pad or a reinker? I'll have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Christina you HAVE to get In Bloom! It's one of my favorite flower stamp sets!!! Hahaha :)

    I actually mixed some watercolor and a little water...put that in a little zip lock bag then put my white ribbon inside and mushed everything around until the ribbon was saturated. Then I squeezed out the excess and used my heat gun to dry it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous!
    I adore that flower stamp and the ribbon is one I would love to have.
    Very pretty
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty wonderful mixture of images and embellishments. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the bow, especially when combined with the lace on the card. As Sue says, a very pretty card. Thanks for playing in the cafe with us today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Jean! That ribbon is beautiful, the lace is darling and that sentiment is fabulous! All those elements come together to make one darn classy, shabby chic card! Thanks for joining us over at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails