Saturday, November 6, 2010

Card that didn't make it in.

Hi everyone! I'm pretty busy making some cards for some deadlines today so I don't have much time to make a new one for posting. Instead I wanted to share with you some cards that didn't make it in with my other Papercrafts and Cards magazine submissions. I'll probably show you one at a time so I'll have a few to spare for later if I'm still busy! :)


Here's one for a baby theme. The submission asked for baby cards that weren't the usual colors. No pinks and blues. Here's what I made. I really thought this would make it in. I just loved all the texture in it. Oh well, at least I get to share it with all of my blog friends! :) I hope you like it!



The bear, label and sentiment stamps are from Papertrey ink. The doily is from Michael's, I just inked it to change the color to match my card. The tag die is from Sizzix and I embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The black flourish in the label and the flourishes on the bottom of the card are from Waltzing Mouse Stamps. Victorian Frippery, my favorite stamp in my stash. 

Well, that's it for now. I'll see you all again later! Thanks for stopping by! :) hugs! ~ Jean


3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised this one didn't make it in, too! It's absolutely gorgeous, elegant but cute with that sweet bear. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card and it very much "made it" for me. Stunning !! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! You never know what the publishers are looking for. Sometimes they are looking for a card that looks great opposite one they've already picked and your card is not the right colors. It's a sweet card and has lots of texture and goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails