Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mojo Monday 166

Hi blog friends! I'm back today for another round of challenges. This one is for Mojo Monday 166. I've been practicing on my photography skills (even if I only have a point and shoot...haha) and I was trying out some things. I hope you don't mind, but there are several shots I took of my card for this sketch. It would be great if you left me comments on what you think and how I can improve my shots! :)



I've also been playing around with my Photoshop. I've been trying to adjust levels and curves to try to adjust the lighting on my picture. It's sunny here one moment then cloudy. And I just hate that my pictures are not consistent! Any suggestions?


Anyway, here's my card for this sketch. The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye. I embossed the brown cardstock panel using a Sizzix embossing folder and stitched it on my card. Then I stamped some vines from PTI using Crumb Cake. (My favorite neutral ink color) I also stamped in some stars/flowers from WMS in light blue. When I was done with the card, I thought something was still missing. So I stamped the birdcage and cut it. I also inked the edges to make it blend in with the rest of the card. I hope you like this one! Thanks for stopping by! I'll have more for you later! :)





3 comments:

  1. Love your card! I don't have any suggestions on photography. I need some help with it myself but don't have the will to start learning by myself.
    I bought a DSLR camera this summer but I am still using it on default settings so I didn't gain much since switching from the point and shoot.
    Anyway I think your photo is quite good. And I also love your clean and well organized blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously gorgeous, Jean! I just can't do the tilted panels, but yours is perfect. LOVE the birdcage! I think your photos look wonderful, but then I'm still working on mine, too. I finally gave up on using natural light, because that takes too much planning to actually be finished with a card during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so stunning beautiful!!! I´m speechless!
    I like your photographs! I struggle with the light,too: I´ve the problem that in the winter I leave home when it´s dark and come home when it´s dark - so I´ve to take pictures with my desk lamp :-( or on the weekends *sigh*
    Have a nice Tuesday!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails