Sunday, November 21, 2010

PDCC 56

Hi everyone! Nooooo!!! The weekend is at an end. Good thing Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it's not going to be a long week. I had the greatest day today! AC Moore was having this awesome sale, 60% off coupon for any one item. I received one in the mail and one in the newspaper. So I asked my husband if he could go in line for me to use one coupon to get me a Spellbinders die! I was able to buy each for only $10!!! Thank you AC Moore! :)


The Play Date Cafe is having a Player Appreciation Week! Isn't that just fun?! And to celebrate it, they have some fabulous prizes for the players this week. This is their photo inspiration for their challenge.



Here's my interpretation of these colors! I made a vintage card! I've been seeing a lot of card makers use vintage images and I wanted to try it out. I found these images over at The Vintage Moth. They have some very nice vintage images there, and did I mention they're free?! :) I didn't want to jump in and buy something at my first try. It looks like I might try this again though! :) The pendant die from Spellbinders is one of the dies I bought with my AC Moore coupon! I used it on Hawaiian Shores cardstock and inked the edges with distress ink. The patterned paper on top is from Anna Griffin and the red one on the bottom is from K & Company. I colored a strip of white ribbon with olive ink because I didn't have it in that shade. And I added that puffy trim on the bottom. I hope you like this one! Thanks for stopping by! :)




6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the pom pom braid, and the image is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fabulous! I can't do vintage, but you've nailed it with this card! The colors and inked edges are wonderful. I managed to convince myself I didn't need any more Nesties right now, even though they were a great price! Glad you were able to get two new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful holiday card, lovely embellies! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I am always trying to get this look, but it is hard for me. I keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable design and beautiful vintage card. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL! Love that ribbon and the vintage feel to this card:) Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!! We appreciate and love our players:}

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails