Thursday, November 11, 2010

Card that didn't make it in.

Hi everyone! I promised I would share some of the cards I had made previously that didn't get accepted for publication. I have another one for tonight. I only started to try to submit some of my cards maybe a month ago. Calls come in so fast it's very hard to keep up. I think this was for an "embossing" theme. 


I inked up my Sizzix embossing folder and embossed a vintage cream cardstock. I punched the edges of a sand colored cardstock and placed it on top and beneath my embossed strip. I tied a ribbon and added a button and tag with sentiment. For the center, I stamped it with my Victorian Frippery. Then stamped and colored a butterfly from Butterfly Dreams. I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by! I'll try to see if I can make a card for tonight. If I can't, well, at least I can leave you with this! :)




5 comments:

  1. Truly lovely, as always! Seriously, where do you get these gorgeous ribbons? You always find just the right color that adds so much to your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is from Offray. They're usually from Michael's/ AC Moore or Walmart. But majority of my ribbons are from a trip home I took last year. The brand is either Glory Brand or Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a real stunner Jean, they have rocks in their heads not to publish this gem-lol!!!! The real stand out for me is the big bling on the butterfly- you are so creative!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to know their reasons why they didn't publish the card.....It's gorgeous, so rich and everything is harmonizing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure why this one didn't make it in. It is beautiful. Love the medalion. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails