Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You: Laura's Sketch 62

Hi everyone! It's almost halfway through the work week! I can't wait for the weekend! Some stamp sets I've ordered are supposed to come in and I'm excited to use them! Meanwhile, I wanted to use some of my old stamps. And by old, I mean stamps I haven't used in quite a while.

I usually don't have a lot to do at night, and I'm not too much into tv these days. So what spare time I have (which is usually a lot) at night I spend crafting. Someone commented on one of my posts asking me when I sleep. I thought that was hilarious! :) My work doesn't start early so I usually don't have to be awake that early. And I have a hard time sleeping early at night. I guess I'm just a night person, I'm totally awake even past 1:00am in the morning. 

I'm trying to get some exercise in at night and so I have one card you tonight. Yes, only ONE. LOL! Here's Laura's Sketch:



I decided to go a little cutesy tonight with this one. This stamp from Inkadinkado is one of the first stamp sets I bought when I started crafting! I forgot how cute they are! I actually had to stamp it and cut it out just so I could mask it. I can't believe I even managed to do that! Well, all that patience paid off after seeing the little giraffe and the cute pink striped behind it. After I finished coloring in the giraffe, I noticed that the top portion of the panel was so blank. So to "fill" it up, I tied some twine around it. 


I'm still working on my photography skills. I'm not too happy with the lighting. I was thinking of getting a LED lamp. Do any of you ladies have one? And if you do, are they a good investment? Thanks for stopping by tonight! And thank you for your comments! I appreciate your comments a lot! They make my day and they let me know if I'm going in the right direction! Good night!

Supplies:
Cardstock - lemon tart, dark chocolate (PTI), cream (Paper Company)
Stamps - polka dot basics, distressed stripes, sentiment (PTI), giraffe (Inkadinkado)
Others - buttons (Walmart), twine (Michael's)

7 comments:

  1. So cute, Jean! You did a fabulous job with the masking! I was trying to research the same question about lighting today, with the terribly gray weather we've been having and winter on the way. Let me know if you find any answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card Jean! That lil' giraffe is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfectly adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails