Saturday, October 9, 2010

CQC #53

Hi! I'm back again! This time I have a card for the Colour Q Challenge #53. Again with the orange! These challenges aren't called challenges for nothing! ;P This one came with two shades of blue though, a color I love to work with. Without further ado, here's the color combination for the challenge.




I tried to spread out the colors evenly on this card. I wanted to stick with the white and have a splash of the rest of the colors just everywhere. I stamped a damask design for the background of my card using French Blue, it was the closest color to Pacific Point that I have. It's actually a little darker than it appears on the card. I guess the lighting made it look a little lighter. I stamped my favorite Victorian Frippery stamp on an orange strip of cs and heat embossed it white. Then I attached it to the green strip. The stamped image behind the label is actually a fan. I guess it's not too obvious since it's behind such a big label. I also glued some glitter at different portions of the fan.

The label is from Gina K designs and I stamped it with Ice Blue. When I had tied the ribbon and adhered all the elements of the card, I noticed that the left portion of the card was a little bare. It just needed a little bling! :) So I assembled the little beads and pearls and attached them on that side.


Supplies:
Cardstock - white (Paper Company), green, orange, light blue (Bazzill)
Stamps - Damask Designs (PTI), fan (Shake It), label (Gina K Designs), sentiment (SU), Victorian Frippery (Waltzing Mouse)
Others - ribbon (Offray), pearls, beads (Michael's)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the damask and pretty scrolls. This is a fab color combo too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Jean. Love the combination pf the damask and the paper. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, everything about this is gorgeous...all the elements, that label is divine and so are the pearls!!! Thanks so much for playing the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Wonderful job!!! so glad you joined us at the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails