Sunday, October 24, 2010

Embellish Magazine Vintage Color Challenge

Hi everyone! I hope your Sunday is going well. I have a card for the Embellish Magazine Vintage Color Challenge today. I think it might be one of my favorite challenges from Embellish Magazine to date! I just love any chance to create something vintage/shabby chic. Here's the inspiration photo for this challenge.



My inspiration for this challenge was Sarah Martina Parker's card. I just love all the elements she used on her card. Her vintage/shabby chic style is always so beautiful! So in line with my inspiration card, I chose to use a doily, flowers and butterflies. Don't you just love that huge Monarch butterfly die cut?! I was in love with it when I saw it on a card from one of the blogs I follow. I got it right away after I found out what it was. Hee! 


I used several stamp sets on this card. Damask Designs on the background. Butterfly Dreams, Victorian Frippery on the doily and rust cardstock. And the sentiment is from Stampin Up. The flower is from JoAnn's and the ribbon from Glory. I inked up the doily by the way, I used an olive ink so that the vintage cream butterfly would stand out in front of it. I must say this card turned out pretty well! I just love this style of card making. If I could I would add layer upon layer of cardstock, embellies and whatever else I can grab! Haha! I hope you like this one! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and thanks for stopping by!



13 comments:

  1. Love that ribbon treatment and butterflies! Thanks for joining the Embellish Vintage Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, this is a gorgeous case!!! Sarah will be honored that she was your inspiration!!! You definitely made it your own with the changes!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and interesting...lots of detail to adore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've outdone yourself with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely!! I'm a bit intimidated by the vintage part of this challenge, but you've inspired me to try it! Yours is my favourite thus far! Let's hope I make the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is such an awesome card. Perhaps I missed it but what brand or die or whatever is that BEAUTIFUL butterfly? Love it. Thanks for sharing. My email is jasmineschwartz@yahoo.com if you can lt me know. I'll be adding you to my awesome blog list on my little blog. U should design for whomever made that die. Thanks again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a scrumptiously BEAUTIFUL card!!! I love the stamped doiliy and the beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Jean! Loved this when I saw it last week but am just now finding time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfectly embellish and gorgeous card! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you, a top pick at Embellish again! So happy for you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing!!! Congrats on being HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card! I love the treatment you gave to the doily. Just beautiful. Congrats on the Embellish nod!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails