Sunday, October 3, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 50

Hello everyone! It's time for another great challenge over at Stacey's Stamping Stage! The Curtain Call colors for this challenge are just fabulous! The colors celebrate the changing of seasons with rich dark reds, mustard, and greens. Let's all welcome fall together with the Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 50.


I actually have two cards for everyone! I loved the colors so much that I just had to make another one. Then I couldn't decide which one to post for the Curtain Call...so I'll just post both of them! :)  Here's my first card for this challenge. I began with my Spellbinders Impressabilities plate. After embossing my sand colored cardstock, I continued and decided to color in the spaces in between. Since the area was a bit big, I just patted my olive ink pad straight onto the cardstock. The effect was just so nice! I also just got this new stamp set in from Stampin' Up. It's actually out of circulation already, but I really wanted it and had to go look for it on Ebay, Lesson learned, next time you want a stamp set don't wait until they stop producing it before getting it! Haha! I colored in the flower with my water color pen. You'll have to excuse me, I'm just a beginner when it comes to coloring! :) 



My second card is a little bit more softer. I just love this olive polka dot patterned paper from My Mind's Eye! It was just perfect for this challenge. I stamped the lower panel of the card with my Prima flourish. (One of my favorite stamps!) I tried to keep things simple on this one, I just tied a bow, stitched the edges and attached my paper flower. I finally got to use this one. I'm afraid I'm making them much faster than I actually get to use them! :) 



I hope I've provided you with enough inspiration for this one! Well? What are you waiting for? Let's play! :)

The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:





Introducing...
Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life
Stacey Schafer at Stacey's Stamping Stage
Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine





and October Guest Designer, Karen Thomas at Luv to Stamp.


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky over at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

9 comments:

  1. Both beautiful uses of the colors, Jean! I especially love the bg you created on the first one. Your flower looks fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jean! Your watercoloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards Jean. Love those flowers! Nice use of the colors. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beauties for sure!!! Love both designs Jean!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these floral themed cards are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatiful coloros and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails