Wednesday, October 13, 2010

2S4Y: Kazan's Sketch 63

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good evening! Mine wasn't so good. My husband and I were driving home this afternoon. While we were stopped and waiting at an intersection an elderly man side swiped our car and sped off. I mean I can understand how that could happen...ok elderly person...understood...but come on...at least stop and see if you hurt anyone! Right?! Anyway, we're both ok but the car is a bit scratched up. Ah well, I'll leave it up to karma to take its course. I'm just glad no one was hurt.


Anyway, on a cheerful note, I have a card for everyone tonight. This is for 2 sketches 4 you. It's also a design team search! Isn't that great?! We should all try out and have some fun. I actually saw that some of my favorite designers have submissions there as well. I was trying to decide if I should even try to make a card for this one. In the end, I did, just for the fun of it! Hee hee! Here's the sketch:



My inks from Stampin' Up finally arrived! Yay! :) I couldn't resist, I had to use it to color these gorgeous flowers from 5th Ave. Florals. I also used some gray to paint the outline of the flowers. I see a lot of people using their Copics in the same manner and I wanted to try it out. It's subtle, but I love it! :) I also layered some strips of patterned papers and I used my Martha Stewart edge punch on them. Doesn't it make things more girly and frilly?! :)








If you didn't catch my earlier post, I have a birthday GIVEAWAY that ends this Friday (my birthday!). You can check it out here.

Supplies:
Cardstock - kraft, vintage cream (PTI), sand (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper - Anna Griffin, Cosmo Cricket
Stamps - 5th Ave. Florals (SU), Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Others - edge punch (Martha Stewart), circle die, scallop die (Spellbinders), tag die (Provo Craft), ribbon (Offray)

ps. I finally made it on Embellish Magazine!!! Well, I didn't win it, but at least I made it up there! :) I can't even count how many challenges I've entered there! I mean it's such a tough cookie to crack! Haha! :) 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on having your card featured at Embellish! I'm so jealous, but happy for you! This card is so pretty, especially that gorgeous satin ribbon! And you always do such fabulous things with Everafter!

    Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad no one was hurt! Too bad you couldn't at least get a license number. That guy needs to be off the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the coloring you did too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that BEAUTIFUL bow! LOVE the layers of scallops! LOVE that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and pretty Jean. Love the sweet flowers. :)
    I am still waiting for my WM order. It is taking a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Jean! I love the combination of colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunner Jean! Love the colors
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails