Sunday, October 10, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 51

Hi friends! It's Sunday again, that means it's Curtain Call time!!! Stacey has a wonderful color combination for everyone this week! I just love how the colors are so soft and inviting! I was very excited to make this one.



I didn't have So Saffron, so I used Lemon Tart instead. We have to work with what we've got right?! :) I dry embossed the sand colored cardstock. And I actually inked one side of the embossing folder with white ink to make the image pop. I just love this technique ever since I found it while blog surfing. The little frame behind the sentiment is from Provo Craft, I can't stop using it! I just love the dimension it adds! I also adhered some bling on the top and bottom. The flourish and sentiment are from Vintage Labels (SU). The lace and the frame are actually white, I really have to get a light box!!! Suggestions anyone? :)


Supplies:
Cardstock - blue, sand (Bazzill), lemon tart (PTI), white (Paper Company)
Stamps - Vintage Labels (SU), Victorian Frippery (WMS), Polkadot basics (PTI)
Others - embossing folder (Provo Craft), ribbon (Wendy), rhinestones (Recollections), lace (Offray), edge punch (EK Success)



The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:





Introducing...
Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life
Stacey Schafer at Stacey's Stamping Stage
Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine





and October Guest Designer, Karen Thomas at Luv to Stamp.


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky over at Stacey's Stamping Stage.http://luvtostamp.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jean!

    I just love that crochet lace trim you've added to this card - it really sets your card off!
    Lovely job on the challenge this week!

    Luv Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous, I luv all the layers and patterns...very nice...have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Jean! I love the way the Victorian Frippery border echoes the lace, and the scalloped border at the bottom is a fun touch. Lovely take on this week's colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Jean. Great use of the colors... and I love the different textures. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh...very shabby chic!! Love the way you blended the colors, all the border punches and the lace it fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and design Jean! Then different elements are super gorgeous! Awesome take on the colors too! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card Jean! Love all the layers & detail! Great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh this is so beautiful, Jean! I love the elegant elements you used!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails