Saturday, October 2, 2010

WMSC 17

Hi everyone! Happy World Card Making Day!!! OF COURSE I have to make a card today!!! I'll be busy for most of the day, but I wanted to squeeze this in before I go. I love all the DT cards from Waltzing Mouse!!! Aren't they just lovely?! I'm so excited to show you this one!!! I just LOVE it! Before I get carried away, here's the WMSC 17.




I know it's only October, but I really really wanted to make another Christmas card today! I just totally love how this one turned out. I had this idea to align one of the stamps from my favorite WM stamp sets on one side of my card. I tried it out on some scratch paper first and it looked really beautiful! I was inspired by Sarah's card. I just love how she had that die cut pop up from the center of her card base. I did a simple version of it and used this label die from Spellbinders. Then I remembered how gorgeous Mona's card was with the ribbon and tag! And since I had already decided to use aqua mist cardstock for the base, it's what I used for the ribbon color as well. I don't know if you noticed, but I painted the sides and corners of my card base with some white glimmer paint.


I wanted to hang my usual bauble right where the ribbon was at, but I decided on this snowflake instead. I punched it out and glittered it. I also stamped some background snowflakes on the little tag there. I just thought it looked so plain and naked without them! :)


I also used my Snow Swirled Christmas tree for the focal point of the card. It is a Christmas card after all! :) Peaking through the sides of the label is a stamp from my PTI Vintage Labels stamp set. When I was setting up the card the sides looked so bare. Adding the stamps on each side seemed like a good idea. I guess it was! :) Well, I'm off to a busy day! Hopefully I'll see you again later!!! Have a great day everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Jean! Gorgeous color combo & love all the layers! Thanks for playing with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning card - it is very beautiful and I just love those colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Love the glittery snowflake and pretty embossed tree. You should be ahead of schedule come Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on this Jean and all the stampings - a lovely Christmas card! Thanks for playing again with WMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love the colour combo and the pretty ribbon and tag,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jean! This is just beautiful! So glad you joined us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just GORGEOUS!!! Love everything about this card!! Yes, I'd totally love it too if I made this ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails