Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Color Cue Challenge 9

Hello everyone. Sorry I've been away for a few days. I'm still not feeling that well. I've been to the doctor and some tests have to be done to determine what's bothering me. In the meantime, I feel better enough today to sit at my desk and make a card. This one is for Dawn's Color Cue Challenge #9. I just love this color combination. It's so feminine! 




These aren't exactly Christmas colors, but I wanted to make a Christmas card none the less! :) Here it is! I just had to use these snowflake stamps. I don't know why, but I just thought they would look great in pink and gray! I stamped different snowflakes in gray and pink on the left panel. Then I stamped background text in gray on the right panel. I cut a silver doily in half and adhered it to the right side of the card. Then I layered lace and a ribbon in the middle. I placed a simple greeting on an oval die cut and decorated it with more snowflakes. I also punched out more snowflakes and adhered them around the sentiment. At some point I thought the snowflakes seemed bare, so I glued on some rhinestones to tie up the silver/gray parts of the card.




Thank you for all the well wishes! I hope to feel better soon so I can get back to making more cards! :) Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Jean. I love this color combo and the silver doinly is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness! The touches of silver are just so elegant.

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the vintage feel of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on Color Cue {9}! I'm in awe at all your attention to detail! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet JEAN, your card is exquisite! Thank you SO very much for sharing it with W9! I hope you can forgive me for taking ever so long to get by to give you some love! Please, please, share your fine talent with us again in the future!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this card is GORGEOUS! Love all the fun details - truly a stunning piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this on Pinterest! It is a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails