Saturday, October 9, 2010

PDCC50

Good morning everyone! Saturday is my crafting day...well...not all the time...but I try to join as many card challenges as I can. To start the day, I have a card for the Play Date Cafe challenge 50. The colors for this challenge are so bright and summery! Orange is usually a very hard color for me to place, but since joining all of these challenges, I've been forced to go outside my comfort zone. I'm happy to say that I was able to come up with something using orange! :) Here's the color combination and my card!




I had made the base of the card out all last night. I already had the polka dots, the green strip and the white edge punched panel on. I had NO idea what I was going to do next! And whenever that happens, I try to step back and maybe sleep on it. When I woke up this morning, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I stamped these leaves last night and cut them out, but I wasn't planning on using them. Well, this morning, I changed my mind. I wanted them front and center. And I thought layering on other elements on top would be great. This is what I came up with!


I love using my Fancy Tags as backgrounds for my sentiment tags. I think all the swirly edges are great for flourishing! I layered it on top of my leaves. Then I placed my sentiment on top and flanked it with some small flowers I made. It took me only a minute or two to make the flowers. I used Tim Holtz's tattered flowers die for Sizzix. I just love that die! I've been using it for so many different paper flowers lately! Totally worth buying.

Well, I'm off to make more cards! I'll see you again later! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock - white (Paper Company), orange, green (Bazzill)
Stamps - Leaf Prints, Polkadot Basics (PTI), Vintage Labels (SU)
Others - edge die (EK Success), Fancy Tags (Spellbinders)


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love how you used the leaves they looked like beautiful flourishes. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have used stitching and pearls to such great effect.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card design, and I love those flowers. Thanks for playing along at the cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fantastic, and those flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jean, this is so pretty! Love those delicate flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! Those flowers are just gorgeous! I love them! Beautiful card--love that polka dot!! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flowers too. Would you tell us how you made them. I've tried but they look nothing like yours.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kathy2022: I don't really have a video camera to make a tutorial with. But I'll try to see if I can make one with just using pictures. I'll try to post them as soon as I can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, pictures would help. I tried again today and mine still don't look anything like yours. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails